Fridley Public Schools Construction Update – SUMMER 2018
This summer, Fridley Public Schools will start the third and last phase of construction projects that began in the summer of 2016. Much needed upgrades and renovations were made possible through the generosity of the Fridley community that passed a $27,500,000 bond referendum in 2015. During the past two summers, safety and security upgrades, technology upgrades, HVAC upgrades, deferred maintenance, site improvements and kitchen/cafeteria upgrades have been completed at all schools. In addition, classroom additions have been made at the elementary schools, the middle school and high school gymnasiums have been renovated and the high school auditorium has been upgraded. This summer, part of the district’s construction projects will include security upgrades, technology upgrades and deferred maintenance and renovations will be completed at the Fridley Community Center. Listed below are a summary of the projects, that once started, will limit access to buildings and parking.
FRIDLEY COMMUNITY CENTER
- Offices will be reorganized and Enrollment Center will move from the ALC location to the FCC.
- Entrances and hallways will be redesigned to maximize security.
- Outdated technology wiring will be replaced.
FRIDLEY HIGH SCHOOL
Front Office Reorganization
- New main entrance will be Door 1. Door 2 will no longer be for public access – only staff.
- New design will provide a more secure entry for students and parents.
- Beginning September 2018, School Board meetings will be held in the high school media center (City of Fridley has built a new city hall in Spring Lake Park school district - board meetings need to be held in the Fridley School District).
- New entrance design (Door 15) will provide a prominent and secure entry for school events.
- This entrance/exit will provide entrance/exit for bus students.
- Parent drop off/pick up will be in the horseshoe, where bus drop/pick up is currently located.
- Bus drop off/pick up will be located at the west side of the current parking lot (east of football field).
- Traffic will only enter at the north entrance of the parking lot and exit at the east side of the parking lot.
(Fridley High School and Fridley Middle School parking lots with be resurfaced this summer through an abatement bond funds)
High School Parking Lot Resurfacing
- North parking lot (north of the football field) will be resurfaced and curb replaced.
- East parking lot (front of the building) will also be resurfaced and expanded.
- Door 3 (southeast corner) will be summer access for staff and public. The City of Fridley will also be doing construction on West Moore Lake Drive so parking on the street may be restricted.
Middle School Parking Resurfacing
- East parking lot will be resurfaced with additional sidewalks added to provide for safer student drop-off by parents. Jersey barriers currently in place will be replaced with sidewalks.