Human Resources & Employment
Welcome to Fridley Public Schools!
Thank you for your interest in joining Fridley Public Schools, an International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools district. We are one of the few school districts that offers the full IB Continuum to students in pre-K to grade 12.
Click the button above to view current vacancies, apply for a position online, and continue or modify your online application.
Find your career at Fridley Public Schools
- Welcoming and supportive environment for all students and staff
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth, staff development and collaboration opportunities for staff
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits
- Gain experience working in an International Baccalaureate World School, teaching curriculum that is inquiry-based with global perspectives
- Strong district commitment to equity
- Part of the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
Criminal History Background Check
Fridley Public Schools is required to request a criminal history background check from the Superintendent of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension on all individuals who are offered employment in a school and all individuals who are offered the opportunity to provide athletic coaching services or other extracurricular services to a school, regardless of whether any compensation is paid. (Enrolled student volunteers are exempt)
Student Loan Forgiveness
Increased Federal Stafford Loan Forgiveness for Certain Elementary & Secondary School Teachers
Fridley Middle School, Fridley High School and Fridley Area Learning Center qualify as Low-Income Schools for purposes of this loan forgiveness.
S. Ike Isaacson
Human Resources Director
Human Resources Coordinator
Office of Human Resources
Fridley Public Schools
6000 West Moore Lake Drive
Fridley, MN 55421
Welcome to Fridley Public Schools and thank you for your interest in volunteering!
We are grateful and deeply appreciative of all our volunteers and the importance of their participation in our schools cannot be understated. For the safety of all of our students, all volunteers must have an approved background check and complete a review of our volunteer packet which contains important school policies and procedures. The entire application and review process can be competed online. We hope you will consider making a contribution to our schools by sharing your time with us.
Volunteer Approval Process:
Please check with your child's school or classroom teacher for volunteer opportunities. Volunteers must have an approved background check and complete a volunteer packet before starting volunteer services in the district.
To submit an application to become a volunteer:
- Click here to begin. On the left side of the page (under Vacancies) click on Volunteer.
- Find Job ID 1145 Field Trips/Classroom Volunteer/Activities Volunteer
- Click the red Apply button Start a new application or login to your previous application and submit it. Be sure to acknowledge via digital signature the two policies associated with the volunteer application.
- Please note: You must have an active email address of your own in order to complete this process.
- You will receive an invitation to complete a background check from Trusted Employees.
- Complete the background check and submit it. Please note: It can take up 48 hours to clear.
- You will receive an email when you are approved to volunteer.
- Building secretaries will have access to the list of approved and applied volunteers.
Please note: A new background check will be required if more than 12 months have lapsed since an individual last volunteered in our district.
If you have questions about our volunteer screening process, please contact Kris Carlston, Human Resources Coordinator at 763-502-5003 or Kristine.firstname.lastname@example.org.