Engaging the community
We are in the process of updating our district's strategic plan, and we need your input!
Throughout the fall and winter of the 2022 - 2023 school year, we are holding focus group sessions to gather input from our community. We are committed to engaging broad community of stakeholders, including:
- Students of all ages
- Staff at all levels
- Parents/guardians and families
- Fridley community members
We aim for Fridley to be "The best place to learn and the best place to work.” Over the last three years, we have had strategic priorities working towards this goal. As we come out of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have the opportunity to revisit our strategic direction and priorities. We cannot do this important work without you!
How Can I Get Involved?
Attend a focus group sessions for parents/guardians, families and community members:
- Monday, September 26, 6:30 - 8 p.m., Fridley Community Center (Families)
- Tuesday, October 11, 4:30 - 6 p.m., Fridley Community Center (Families)
- Thursday, October 27, 8 - 9 a.m., Fridley Community Center (Community members)
Do you need interpretation services? You may request an interpreter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff members can attend public sessions or one of these sessions around the district:
- Thursday, September 29, 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Fridley High School Media Center (Staff)
- Monday, October 10, 8 - 8:45 a.m., Stevenson Elementary (Staff)
- Tuesday, October 11, 8 - 8:45 a.m., Hayes Elementary (Staff)
- Tuesday, October 11, 6 - 7 p.m., Fridley Community Center (Staff)
What Happens Next?
District staff will report out to the school board in December about what we heard from the community. In January, a small team comprised of staff, family and community members and students will develop a draft plan based on the community input. In March 2023, the school board will hear a presentation on the draft plan and consider its adoption.
This will be a community-developed plan designed to meet the unique needs, hopes and dreams of our Fridley community.
Thank you for being a part of this important process! If you have questions, contact email@example.com.