As the world becomes increasingly globalized, today’s economy demands an engaged, intelligent and culturally-aware workforce. Although the world is rapidly changing, an International Baccalaureate education ensures students are prepared for the future. Fridley Public Schools provides a foundation of international-mindedness as a ‘World-Class Community of Learners' by offering the full IB Continuum. Click here to learn more about IB education.
The IB champions a stance of critical engagement with challenging ideas, one that values the progressive thinking of the past, while remaining open to future innovation. Since implementation of the International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes across all schools, the district fosters global citizens who are civic-minded, confident, and competent communicators. Students become skillful in problem-solving and capable of creative thinking. It is imperative to prepare students to become knowledgeable about our global and multicultural society as they continue onto post-secondary education and beyond.
The IB curriculum framework enhances the current academic offerings at every level and provides a consistent focus and approach to learning throughout the E-12 years.
What makes the IB Programme unique?
- IB programmes are recognized around the world and ensure an increased adaptability and mobility for IB students.
- The curriculum of IB programmes focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching, while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language.
- IB World Schools must undergo an exhaustive authorization process in order to offer one or more of the programmes, which includes a study of the school’s resources and commitment to the IB mission and philosophy.
- IB teachers participate in a wide variety of professional development opportunities to constantly update their knowledge and share their expertise with colleagues around the world.
- Many students graduating from the Diploma Programme find that it enhances their opportunities at tertiary institutions. The IB works closely with universities around the world to gain recognition for IB programmes.
- The core components of IB programmes encourage students to participate in creative and service-oriented activities, while at the same time emphasizing the importance of reflection.
IB Practices & District policies
Fridley Public Schools has developed the following policies that align with IB Standards and Practices.
- Fridley Assessment Policy 697
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Assessment Practices
- Fridley Language Policy 698
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Language Practices
- Fridley Academic Honesty Policy 596
- Inclusion for Special Education Needs Policy 608
Fridley Public Schools is the first and only school district to offer the full International Baccalaureate Continuum to students in grades Preschool - Grade 12. All Fridley Schools are authorized IB World Schools.
IB DP & CP Coordinator
IB MYP Coordinator
Hayes IB PYP Coordinator
Stevenson IB PYP Coordinator
PreK IB PYP Coordinator