The IB Career-related Programme (CP) is a framework of international education that incorporates the values of IB programming while addressing the needs of students engaged in career-related education.
The CP at Fridley High School is for students who wish to engage in career-related learning to prepare themselves to enter post-secondary studies and/or training in their chosen career field, or to enter the workforce directly after high school. Students participating in the CP at Fridley will gain the knowledge required to obtain industry-recognized certifications while in high school.
Students at FHS may participate in any or all components of the IB CP. The program framework consists of:
- completion of courses in one of the CP Career Pathways
- participation in at least 2 Diploma Programme (DP) courses and exams
- completion of the core of the CP: a course in Personal and Professional Skills, and participation in Service Learning, Language Development, and completion of a Reflective Project.
International Baccalaureate CP Pathways offered at Fridley High School include:
Health Career Pathway - EMR/EMT. Students can become certified with:
- Healthcare provider-level CPR
- and AED training
- EMR Certification (State of Minnesota)
- EMT Certification (nationally recognized)
IT Career Pathway - A+ Software and Hardware & Intro to Computer Programming.
- Students can earn CompTIA A+ Certification
Fridley High School received authorization from the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the Career-related Programme in 2016.
IB DP & CP Coordinator