Fridley Critical-Kids-Care (CKC)
Welcome to Fridley Public Schools Critical-Kids-Care program!
As part of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Walz has mandated that schools operating in either a hybrid or distance learning model during the 20/21 School Year must provide school-age-care to "eligible children" at no cost during the time those children are not receiving in-person instruction during regular school hours. At this time district enrolled children age 12 and under who are children of critical workers in Tier 1 of the state critical worker list are considered eligible for this care.
Below is the Tier I list of eligible critical workers for this care:
- Healthcare and public health
- Law enforcement, public safety and first responders
- Food and agriculture
- Judicial Branch (essential services)
- National Guard (activated under a Governor Executive Order)
- Educators and school staff providing in-person instruction or caring for children of critical workers
- Child care and school-age care providers
What to know about this care option:
- The school-age care for children of critical workers is intended for extreme circumstances in which no parent or guardian is at home, due to employment as a critical worker.
- Families will be asked to verify employment and reporting status of all adults in the home (i.e. Letter from Employer).
- Schools are encouraged to provide free school-age care for children of any Tier 1 critical worker, even if they are working remotely, however, it is not required and would depend on program capacity.
- Once identified as a qualifying household, families will be placed into priority categories depending on the employment and reporting status of all adults in the household.
- Households with the greatest need (i.e. ALL adults are critical and reporting on-site) will be prioritized first. All households will be accepted based on their priority category and as space allows.
- Care will be provided by the districts childcare team (Tiger Club) and take place at the child's enrolled school during regular school hours only (Hayes/RLS 9:20 am-4:10 pm & FMS 8:00 am-3:00 pm).
- Care will be provided to children on their "Hybrid At-Home" (DL) days during the Hybrid Learning Model; and ALL days if the district shifts to a full distance learning model at any time during the school year.
- Schools are not required to provide this care during scheduled breaks or non-school-days reflected on a school-board approved calendar. Therefore, this care option will operate only on school days according to the Fridley Public Schools calendar.
- Children will follow a daily schedule that provides time and support for their distance learning plan, as well as breakfast, lunch and recess. Breakfast is free, lunches are also currently free until Dec 31st or until Federal funding is exhausted.
- Children will be assigned to a "closed" group of 14 children to 1 Staff person. Classroom use and student and staff schedules will be kept as consistent as possible to minimize exposure.
- All staff are trained in current COVID-19 mitigation strategies in a childcare setting, as well as, “out of school time” curriculum planning, child development, active supervision and engagement, CPR, and First Aid.
- A district Health Aide will be on site during hours of operation in the event ANY health concerns arise.
- Transportation to and from care is available for Fridley district residents and Northwest Suburban district residents.
- If qualifying households have a need for extended before and after school care they must submit an additional registration request under the Tiger Club - School Age Care program option within the ELEYO site. Tier 1 Critical Workers will be prioritized for this care option as well.
- Please check your email regularly for any parent communications regarding this care with us.
To get started please select go to https://fridley.ce.eleyo.com. Click on "Explore All Programs" and then click "Fridley Critical Kids Care (CKC) to begin the enrollment process. You will receive a confirmation email once we've received your registration request, and again once your request has been ACCEPTED and you are officially enrolled. Once enrolled, more information will be sent prior to the start of your child's contract.
For questions regarding this program please contact: Jordan Wright @ 763-502-5107 | email@example.com
We are ready to support our Critical Workers by providing excellent care of their children during these challenging times!